Ballet Talk for Dancers

All About Dance Vent

camercad

Just need to vent my frustrating experience with the All About Dance dance supply company. We got DD's list of items for her SI starting Monday rather late. Between that and my busy schedule this week, I didn't get around to checking our local dance shops for the items. It seemed like no one had the character skirt in stock. So, I went online Wednesday and put in an order for rush shipping with All About Dance. I received the order confirmation right away with all the details. The website did mention processing sometimes took 24-36 hours. But, I didn't here anything by this morning, so I called the company. Turns out they had completely lost my order in their system. Feeling like I had no other options at this point, I had my order replaced. They gave me a 10% discount plus priority processing, so I'd get the order by Monday. But, I still feel kind of ticked off. If I didn't call, I guess my order would have remained in IT limbo.

Off to check my credit card online to make sure they didn't charge my twice for the same order!

Guest coupe66

Just a heads up - All About Dance is now owned and operated by Discount Dance Supply. I have not had good experiences with DDS lately at all, and there aren't too many other suppliers out there, unfortunately. I have placed some orders with Back Bay Dancewear in the past and had good experiences, so maybe give them a try?

I thought they were owned and operated by Dance Distributors?

Just a heads up - All About Dance is now owned and operated by Discount Dance Supply. I have not had good experiences with DDS lately at all, and there aren't too many other suppliers out there, unfortunately. I have placed some orders with Back Bay Dancewear in the past and had good experiences, so maybe give them a try?

Thanks for the recommendation - definitely looking for a better option!

Yes, I've also had very good experiences with DDS - have been ordering from them for around 15 years!

Guest coupe66

I had had good experiences with DDS previously as well, but the past couple of orders I have placed with them have been problematic and the customer service has not been what it was prior, at least this has been my recent experience with them.

All About Dance/Dance Distributors are now owned and operated by Discount Dance Supply. Right now, I am preparing to return some items from a Discount Dance Supply order I received just a few days ago. The detachable return address label on the receipt reads: "Discount Dance Supply, 1-800-328-7107, 180 Welles St., Ste. 500, Forty Fort, PA 18704-4949".

Argh! Got an email yesterday that the character skirt that I wanted is back-ordered - despite what said otherwise on the website and my request that they check when I talked to the customer servicer rep last Friday. I am going to call back and just cancel. I talked to a few other studio moms and someone had a skirt that DD could borrow, so at least no crisis.

On the good side, today is DD's first day at her summer intensive. Fingers crossed that everything is going well!

All About Dance/Dance Distributors are now owned and operated by Discount Dance Supply. Right now, I am preparing to return some items from a Discount Dance Supply order I received just a few days ago. The detachable return address label on the receipt reads: "Discount Dance Supply, 1-800-328-7107, 180 Welles St., Ste. 500, Forty Fort, PA 18704-4949".

Well, I guess this explains the new 'warehouse' in PA? I now get shipments from both CA and PA, meaning that returns also may need to go to two different places.

Did you use a cardboard box, as requested (I have to pack up my returns too).

As for the customer service with DDS, I had one minor issue with an order last week, placed a call, and it was taken care of in 2 minutes.

I've always had extremely good luck with Discount Dance. Usually have everything in stock (although it gets slimmer around June recital) and I don't even have to pay for expedited shipping because their regular shipping gets here in a day. We must be close to a distribution center.

Did you use a cardboard box, as requested (I have to pack up my returns too).

I returned 2 leos a couple of weeks ago and just put them in a padded envelope. They were from 2 different shipments as well. The return was processed very quickly with no problems.

Thanks! This will be cheaper/easier than the box!

Guest coupe66

I would only use a box is you are sending shoes, because sometimes they will charge you if the original box arrives damaged in any way. Otherwise, definitely the envelope!