Ballet Talk for Dancers

Boston Ballet SDP

PSB Ballerina

I want to audition for the boston ballet SDP in newton MA. However, i would need a scholarship because it is over 5,300 dollars total. I'm wondering if anyone has been to the SDP in Newton and/or received a scholarship?

Is it hard to get scholarships?

Is the camp worth going to?

What is the camp like?

Is it even possible to get a FULL scholarship to the newton SDP?

This is a crosspost from not one, but two other threads. One is closed, but the other remains open, even if I noted that your question has been answered by somebody who should know, a parent who has to pay the bill! Kids don't know the extent of an award, even when they know a scholarship has been awarded. Young Dancers MAY answer this question if they have an answer, but please, no parents on YD, no straying from the original post's topic.

• Administrators

And PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not call Summer Intensives "camps". They are not camps. Camps are for camping activities. Summer Intensives are for Ballet and dance only. No swimming, no hiking, no living in cabins, etc., etc.

PSB, plese go to the Summer Intensive Forums, and look for the topics under Boston Ballet Newton.