Ballet Talk for Dancers
dancincorgi

Reading Ballet Talk on a mobile device

dancemaven

Hhm, Mulberry, can't help you there---although lately when I try to open BT4D on my mobile phone I pretty much always have to go down and hit the 'full version' option, as that's the way I like it. Never tried to go the other direction. But, as I said, it opens in the 'other version' pretty much all the time when I'm not connected to WiFi.

BUT, here's my question: I simply can't get signed into BT4D if on 3G/4G mode (only WiFi). This is a recent occurence---either since the site upgraded or since I loaded Lion OS. I have always been able to get BT4D whether I was using 3G/4G or WiFi anywhere. Now, only if there is WiFi. Up until about a month ago, I had no trouble at all getting on anywhere anyway.

I continually get the error message "you don't have permission . . . " and it doesn't matter how many times I try to sign in, it won't let me. I've tried going all the way out and returning via a search engine, but no deal. :shrug: Means I can't check in except very limited times during the day. None of the other boards or sites I routinely check on has this issue.

Does anyone have any idea what I'm missing?

ceecee

This happens to me too. I have given up.

Mulberry

It finally decided to sort itself out - I don't know why!

Anyway, in reply to Dancemaven and ceecee, which phone are you using? I'm not sure what Lion OS is but since I upgraded my iPhone software to the latest IOS 6 I've had loads of problems generally with connectivity including me 'not having permission...'

dancemaven

I do use an iPhone (4?) and the problems started with either the latest operating system upload (Lion OS, I think it is called) and/or the BT4D latest upgrade, which happened about the same time. But, so far, it only affects BT4D----other sites I have no problems with.

ceecee

I am using an older Blackberry. (Not sure what it is called... a hand me down from one of my kids.)

Mulberry

Mine's the iPhone 4 too. Having looked at various forums on the web it does seem to be this model that found the new software upgrade the hardest. I've booked an appointment with a store 'Guru' next Saturday so that he can hopefully tell me what is wrong.

lemlemish

Mulberry- or anyone else,

I too switched to the full version on my phone and can't figure out how to get back to mobile version. Help! How do I get back?

Mulberry

Hi lemlemlish. It's a nuisance isn't it! I wonder whether the developers could add on option to select Smartphone mode?

What I have to do is logout, close the page and then close Safari. (I have an iPhone, so I have to double click the round button which brings up a row of all the open apps and then select the delete button for Safari.). Then when I open it all back up again, the proper mode is there.

ball3rinamom

I was unable to reply to any posts in the mobile app mode so I too switched to the full version. Big mistake apparently as now I cannot switch back?

lemlemish

Mulberry - Thank you. That fixed it.

ball3rinamom

Mine came back somehow, but all I did was close the page with BT4D on it. Very happy to have my mobile version back!