Ballet Talk for Dancers

Adult Ballet Classes - Northwest England

brightsideolife

brightsideolife

Hello everyone,

I am just posting to see if anyone goes to classes in the Northwest of England and what their experience of the classes have been.

Thankyou

Welcome to Ballet Talk for Dancers, Brightsideoflife.

Your best places to start are the various Dance Agencies: publicy-funded organisations who's task is to promote dance in the community. There are Agencies in Lancaster (Ludus), Chester, Liverpool, and Manchester.

I used to go to Ludus Dance -- a lovely friendly studio with excellent teachers.

http://www.ludusdance.org/

There's also the Hammond School in/near Chester, and there was recently a post with good recommendations for Manchester. If you do a search of this forum, you'll find quite a few personal recommendations.

Edited to add: Dance Agencies are not agents for paid work. Different thing altogether.

brightsideolife

Thankyou, I know that The Hammond school is now only for their own internal students I shall have a look for the others

Edited by brightsideolife

I'm 'guilty' of the recent post described by Redbookish!

KNT danceworks have classes at the northern ballet school. As a beginner (or returning after 20yrs from a starting point of "good toes, naughty toes!") I'm very much enjoying it. :)

I'm not really qualified to comment on the more advanced classes, but others seem to think well of them.

www.kntdanceworks.co.uk

Not guilty at all, doormouse! Very very useful. And thanks for posting the link. It was great to look at the videos of performers.

brightsideolife

Thankyou again, Manchester takes about an hour or more to get to but the classes are very good. It would be great if they did a summer camp for adults of all abilities that would be great

• 1 month later...

I go to classes in Warrington. They are great. I also know of classes in Liverpool. Where abouts are you?

Hi Dancer13. You're new, I think, so welcome to the adult dancers section of BT4D. Do the classes you attend have adults mixed in with the teenagers? Does your school run separate adult & children's classes? This would be useful for us to know, as sometimes, the arrangements for adult students and teens are quite different.

Hey, well in my current school you can do private lessons or go in to a graded class with teenagers and take the grades with them if you wish. I also know of another school who have a adults only class for fun. So either really!