Ballet Talk for Dancers

The Rock School/RAPA

Does the Rock ever offer scholarships for room/board?

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tsavoie

• cahill

• ckmerr

• swanchat

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 weeks later...

My DD just received an offer to go to Rock's yr round pre-pro training. She's going to the SI for 5 wks. She's 17 and will be a senior. Not sure what to do. Big changes academically and pricey and we live in CA.... Help!

emtheballerina

Im 15 and I was just offered a spot at the year round program as well! I will be 16 during the school year and will be a senior because I am a year ahead academically. I am going to the summer program for the full six weeks and am strongly considering staying for the year :clapping: I am from California as well so it will be a big change but I have heard amazing things about the rock school and can't wait for the summer program!

Oh hey it's Em! You have advised me and others on the Rock SI - thank you. Congratulations on the offer. Would you stay at the dorms or are you considering an appartment?

emtheballerina

I would definitely stay at the dorms since they're so close to the studio. And thank you by the way congrats to your daughter as well!

Has the SI started yet? Did you express an interest that you wanted to stay year round?

emtheballerina

The summer intensive starts on monday June 30th and when I auditioned in January I also auditioned for the year round program.

SI starts next Monday June 30, check in Sunday. We marked the box on the SI audition form for interest in year round program, and paid, I think, $10-20 more than the regular audition fee. They just now notified us that she was accepted.

• 3 months later...

Is scholarship opportunity equal in both live and video auditions? Or is the money for scholarships generally limited to live auditions? I am referring to the year round program

Edited by savannah_
  • 4 weeks later...

If you stay in the dorms for year round, do you have to do their academic program? Or can you use your own separate program?

Maplebunny, you must take part in their academic program, although you can decide to what level you want to participate.