Ballet Talk for Dancers
tsavoie

The Rock School/RAPA

Little Pointe Bird

Anyaaa, the academics cost depends on which program you select. They offer two. The less expensive was $11k. 

Mumofthree

Hi there ladies & gents...  My DD17 has just been notified that she has secured a spot for the Full Time program 2019/2020.  We are international and I am very very confused... She has been in a residential ballet school the past 2 yrs in USA and feels it is time for a change for her Senior Year.  

Could I please get info on the school, academics & residence.. I shall ring the school in the next day or two,  (due to time differences it will be middle of the night here) and I like to know a little more about the school before I speak with staff there... 

Thanks so much in Advance. :) :) 

learningdance

We toured the school about three years ago and connected with the Academic program. At that time they were using the Keystone Curriculum.  The kids had class time from 8-10 in the morning, then ballet, then lunch and then a period in the afternoon that could be used for academics or rehearsal.  Rock school does competitions, particularly YAGP.  They also have a nutcracker. The kids did their online schooling in a room together.  I liked that academic adviser.   He had a Ph D and was personable.  I liked the school directors.  THey seemed to really care about that kids.  We had a meeting with them. I liked that many of their students secure full time professional jobs. 

Students were required to be with at least 3 other students any time they ventured beyond dorm or studio. I thought that was restrictive. 

The dorm seemed nice and the supervision adequate. I thought that there was a good culture. 

DanceMumNYC

Congratulations! The training is very, very good here & their “graduates” usually secure professional jobs.