Ballet Talk for Dancers

Victoria Academy of Ballet

Hello, I have done a search but am unable to find any information on the forums about this academy. It was previously the "Island Dance Studio" and is in Victoria, BC. I would like some information about dancers/parents experience with the bridge program and/or pre-professional program. Thank you

• Administrators

Is this the program you mean?

http://victoriaacademyofballet.ca/

It sounds like they do have a relationship with Ballet Victoria, but you should probably contact the school or the company for more information about this. I don't have first-hand information about this academy, am not on the west coast. (Last I heard my daughters both knew dancers with Ballet Victoria, but I couldn't see that the company has a current listing of dancers).

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you mom2. Yes, it is that school and it has a bridge program with Ballet Victoria. I have all the information sent by the school, thanks. I guess I was hoping someone might have some information from a parent / dance student perspective.

• 1 month later...

The school brings many students from Japan. The dancers have classes scheduled from 2:30-9pm daily. The training is technically clean but a little slow compared to its US counterparts. The company, Ballet Victoria, has 8 dancers and the apprentices are allowed to attend some company classes. There is currently only 1 level offered so if your dancer doesn't match the level offered, there are no options.

Thanks for the helpful information dancekarma.