Ballet Talk for Dancers
Moxie

Searching Member Posts

Moxie

I have poked around quite a bit but have not figured out how to search posts by a particular member. I'd like to find all post by...X member.

Thank you!

Victoria Leigh

I don't think that can be done, Moxie.

dancemaven

'New Members' ( i.e., less than 30 posts) cannot access profiles of members (other than their own profile). So, I don't think there is anyway for you to search posts by member names.

Members (i.e., more than 30 posts), however, are permitted to see others' profiles. At that point, you may be able to search for a particular members' posts (but I'm not positive).

ascballerina

I don't know if New Members can do this, but I can wave my mouse over a poster's screen name, and a little box pops up. From there, I click "find content".

Victoria Leigh

Are you able to find all of their posts? I know that Admins and Mods can do that, but did not know if members could or not.

ascballerina

I can find all of their posts in every forum I can see. For example, if I search all of your posts, I can't see the ones I'm sure exist in the parent's forums I'm not a part of.

dancemaven

But, Asc, you are a 'Full member' (i.e., more than 30 posts). :)

Victoria Leigh

I was curious as to what the full members could see, actually. :) I find it strange, though, that asc said she could not see the non-private Parents forums. She should not be able to see POP or PTA, but why not the others, since they are open to read on the board, even though not to post for the teens? Weird.

ascballerina

No, no, I can see those forums, I meant the ones you have to ask to be a part of (and be a parent to join)--the PTA forum, and the Parents of Professional Dancers forum. I can see all your posts in the parents forums that I'm allowed to see. Sorry for the confusion. :blush:

Victoria Leigh

Okay, that's good. Thank you for that information! :)

ascballerina

To add to you knowledge base, as I could see the Buddy Board before I could see the Teen Private Forum, if I went looking for someone's posts who had access to both, I couldn't see any of the posts on the TPF until I was given access to it. I suspect it works the same way for all forums--that is, I can't see your posts on the PTA forum now, but if I were given access to it (oh, wow, I hope this board is still around when and if I ever need that access!), I could see your posts there via the find content button.

Victoria Leigh

Thank you again! I hope this board will be around that long, too, asc! :wink: (Not sure I will be, though.) :o