Ballet Talk for Dancers

Joy Womack?

dancetillyoudrop

She joined the Bolshoi Ballet after graduating from the Moscow State Academy of Choreography, correct? That's what I've heard ... but she's not on the website's list of dancers? I'm confused. Was she accepted or no?

Lilac Fairy,

Do you know this as fact (substantiated by a reputable third party) or is it just gossip? :gossip: It's a pretty incredible statement.

Even dancers are entitled to a personal life that is not the object of gossip---true or not. :wink: Let's stick to the professional side of their lives.

Just time to remind all members about our 'first hand information only' policy. Thanks!

Post removed pending Moderator consultation.

It is BT4D policy NOT to link or post or quote non-members' posting on other sites----whether that be blogs, Facebook, personal sites, etc. (Please review our Rules and Policies :wink:) That falls under our ban against 'hearsay'.

We also do not permit posting links to or quoting members' blogs, Facebook pages, etc.---we empower our members to decide for themselves how much exposure they are willing to share in terms of their 'real life'. Other members do not have the perogative to make that decision for them.

And, at all times, we do NOT permit posting or linking of :gossip:. A dancer is still entitled to their personal life. We are not a chat board.

I don't see how her acceptance to the Bolshoi is a personal matter. It's a professional company; isn't it part of her professional life...?

• Administrators

I think it's a question of what has been posted in the public domain, versus what has been mentioned more privately/informally (e.g. Facebook).

For example, we are happy to share news and congratulate dancers when we have a company press release or other official news source.

mom2

Perhaps she would be relieved to have this topic closed. Is that possible? She's a gifted dancer who's still finding her way.