Ballet Talk for Dancers

Ballets: Nutcracker

This is a lovely article about The Nutcracker: http://www.telegraph...site-fruit.html

I know that as a ballet it doesn't always get much respect from some balletomanes but I think it deserves to be appreciated on its own terms. I still love many of the children's books I loved as a child which doesn't mean that I read only children's books.

(Moderators, I assumed this forum would have a thread on The Nutcracker to which I could add this post. I couldn't find one so I started this one but please move if it already exists.)

dancinglifeaway

I love it! Thanks so much for posting!

dancinglifeaway

The Nutcracker is like my favorite thing ever! We just got done with ours a few weeks ago. :'( I loved my parts so much. :(:)

OK, I see now that there is a thread (or more than one) under "The" Nutcracker which is the correct name, I believe. Moderators - my apologies. Please feel free to relocate this.

• 1 year later...
Balletbeauty10

The Nutcracker is my favorite ballet! A few years ago I was going to audition for the part of an angel but alas, they had height requirements and I was too tall. :) It's such a great ballet