Ballet Talk for Dancers
avents725

Weird Hip Situation... Please Help?

avents725

I am experiencing a pinching pain when hugging my right knee to my chest. Also, that leg is more muscular and tight than my left leg. It doesn't prevent me from dancing, but I feel extremely uneven, like my hips are tilted in a strange way. It's simple to get into fifth position with my right foot front, but rather difficult with my left foot front. Even when I go to stretch the front of my hip my hips seem to adjust and I don't get a stretch. Also, my right arabesque is better than my left arabesque and I always have to crack my hips to have them feel "normal". I know what hip flexor and iliopsoas tendonitis is, and it doesn't feel like that. It feels much different, like (as I mentioned before) my hips are uneven and need to be cracked back into place.

I am worried that an instructor at an audition might notice this and not accept me because of it, thinking I am weak and have lousy technique/performance when I really just don't know what's wrong. Doctors are unsure too, maybe I should go see one again. Not sure.

Should I go see a chiropractor or physical therapist about this?

Thanks

Edited by avents725

vrsfanatic

I would suggest an orthopedic first.