Ballet Talk for Dancers

Open classes

teal12hearts5

Hi, I am new to this forum and have a question...

I am 14 years old and have become very interested in ballet. I took it when I was young, but only for about a year. I am now starting to realize that I have a real passion for it. Currently I am taking lessons at a local studio once a week. Soon I will be taking two per week. Anyway, I am thinking ahead to the summer and was wondering what your thoughts were on creating your own "summer intensive" by taking lots of open teen/adult classes. I would love to attend a real summer intensive but know that I am not yet advanced enough as I am still only a beginner. The studio I am looking into for that is about an hour away. It is a well respected ballet school that produces professional dancers. Would I benefit from taking open classes over the course of a summer? How many classes would you recommend per week? Any other information on open classes for teens/adults would be greatly appreciated!

Open classes are different from training classes, in that with open classes, attendance is fluid thus making it difficult to train a dancer from the ground up. If you love ballet, and love to dance, then why not make your own summer intensive? :)