Ballet Talk for Dancers

Videos: Series from BBC Wales about the Elmhurst School of Ballet

I watched this 4 part series a couple of weeks ago with my daughter. It was nicely done and I think gave a good insiders view of what it's like to attend a full-time ballet program. At least this is what my daughter tells me. Thanks for passing on the link.

I also watched it a couple of weeks ago! I enjoyed it very much, especially as I had a male student in the sixth form there about 5 years ago. I visited him to see the school, watch classes and meet his teachers, so it was particularly interesting to see it all again. It's an excellent school.

Thanks for posting this link. As a mum of a boy dancer I appreciated the fact that 4 out of the 5 dancers "followed" were boys! I also appreciated the insight into program residency, something I'm trying to get my head around.

• 2 weeks later...

Thankyou for posting this link Mme. Hermine! Self indulgently watched the whole series at the expense of house cleaning and found it very informative and insightful. I was amazed at the emotional maturity of the students and also how very supportive they were of one another. DD would love (and thrive in) a residential ballet school but unfortunately there are none in Australia. Still in awe of the family who sold their house to pay for their son's fees......