Jump to content
Ballet Talk for Dancers

Male step naming?


Recommended Posts

I wasn't quite sure where to put a technical question such as this, but it is concerning a primarily male step. So, I had a question about a name. What is the "official ballet name" so to speak, of a "540 kick"? I can't seem to find it. Thank you!

Link to comment

Actually I do not think it originated in ballet. It is an Asian martial art movement I believe. It may originally be from karate, judo or some other martial art. In the ballet studio, I have only heard it called a 540.

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Create New...