Ballet Talk for Dancers

Excited about Summer Intensive!

danceprincess

I'm really excited about this upcoming summer. As an adult getting into my 2nd year in ballet, I'm very hopeful about all the opportunities that have opened up for me to learn as much as I can and improve my technique. When I first started as an adult beginning in ballet almost 2 years ago I was a bit discouraged because I didn't think I'd find quality training. I started my training at the age of 27 and this coming August will make 2 years of real solid ballet training for me.

Since starting my ballet training, I've completed one summer intensive and this summer I will do 2 summer intensives. I'll do the regular summer intensive at Ballethnic from June-July and then I will do a 3 week summer intensive in NYC at the Alvin Ailey Extension in August.

I can see my improvement and I'm excited to see how much more I will improve after the summer. I hope other adults who are beginning ballet can be inspired to never give up on your dreams. In the last 2 years I've been able to dance Corp roles in 3 ballets. I can see my dreams coming true right in front of me and I'm so inspired. I love being able to take dance everyday. All of my classes are with the advanced level teens and I've been given an invitation to join the pre-professional company this upcoming fall. I'm going to push myself as far as I can go!