Ballet Talk for Dancers

Edwaard Liang appointed new Artistic Director of Ballet Met

dancemaven

Ballet Met has a new Artistic Director! https://www.balletmet.org/new-artistic-director

Here's another article: http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/life_and_entertainment/2013/02/26/next-head-of-troupe-to-start-job-in-july.html

Congratulations, Ballet Met!! I LOVE this guy's work!!

Yes, Congratulations indeed! Love his work.

WHOA NELLY! That's awesome! His work is so interesting - would love to see what he does with the company. Never thought I'd be asking for someone to fly me out to Ohio.... :)

Yes, we're frequently a flyover state, though we are ranked 15th largest city in the US with somewhere around just under 1 million population.

There are things worth doing and seeing here:

Rally in the Alley/ Arts in the alley is held once per week and artists of all kinds bring their wares to sell. Anything from a refurbished orange and yellow sofa from the 1960s to clothing and jewelery and paintings and sculptures- all manner of artists.

it's held around some great restaurants like the all organic locally grown and healthfully cooked NorthStar. It is the food of the GODS.

There's canoeing for those who are more adventurous, camping, hiking, animal watching, and sailing. There's Deer Creek with a nice beach for people who want to tan, and Alum Creek with boat races at day, tie all the boats together at night and have a party on board all of them.

There are 2 chi-chi shopping centers- you know- the ones where if they don't like how you look they'll shuffle you to back of the store, so definitely dress up there.

The Columbus Zoo and Aquarium is a great way to spend a day too.

All kinds of paintball and things like that around.

And of course- The Ballet held mostly at the Ohio Theatre, one of the most beautiful theatres of the era, and a perfect example of the Baroque style prevalent at the time.

We have several working theatrical groups including one that does Shakespeare in Schiller Park during the summer,and we have one of the best Farmers Market around.

Most of us stay away from OSU because it is very busy and hard to navigate with a car. But should you be a fan of The Buckeyes, they do a good job of directing the traffic.

Oh Clara, I was purposefully being a bit silly, but now in all seriousness: you left yourself off that list!!!

• 2 months later...

Yes, we're frequently a flyover state, though we are ranked 15th largest city in the US with somewhere around just under 1 million population.

There are things worth doing and seeing here:

Rally in the Alley/ Arts in the alley is held once per week and artists of all kinds bring their wares to sell. Anything from a refurbished orange and yellow sofa from the 1960s to clothing and jewelery and paintings and sculptures- all manner of artists.

it's held around some great restaurants like the all organic locally grown and healthfully cooked NorthStar. It is the food of the GODS.

There's canoeing for those who are more adventurous, camping, hiking, animal watching, and sailing. There's Deer Creek with a nice beach for people who want to tan, and Alum Creek with boat races at day, tie all the boats together at night and have a party on board all of them.

There are 2 chi-chi shopping centers- you know- the ones where if they don't like how you look they'll shuffle you to back of the store, so definitely dress up there.

The Columbus Zoo and Aquarium is a great way to spend a day too.

All kinds of paintball and things like that around.

And of course- The Ballet held mostly at the Ohio Theatre, one of the most beautiful theatres of the era, and a perfect example of the Baroque style prevalent at the time.

We have several working theatrical groups including one that does Shakespeare in Schiller Park during the summer,and we have one of the best Farmers Market around.

Most of us stay away from OSU because it is very busy and hard to navigate with a car. But should you be a fan of The Buckeyes, they do a good job of directing the traffic.

Awesome!

I have a trade show coming up in Columbus next month (June) and I'll be around the convention center.

I'll keep this in mind :)

pink_Chiffon, If you're looking for classes while you're in Columbus, there are pick up classes at BalletMet in June :wink: June 11 - July 2 on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

OMG that is awesome! I'll be pretty tired from the tradeshow but I'll still plan around that. THANKS!

The schedule is on their website www.balletmet.org. I live about an hour away but my studio doesn't have classes during those times so I may see you there!