Ballet Talk for Dancers
Bramptsa

Finding pre-professional schools to audition for

Bramptsa

I am a female australian dancer, and I turn 18 in september. I have finished my acedemics and I am auditioning for schools in Europe and America around May. I have been doing fulltime training for about 2 years now. Does anyone have recommendations or information about good ballet schools that have a pre-professional course for my age group.

-What style do they like in their dancers, eg fast, adagio, heights, build

-how long the course is, or if it is an open time frame (so you leave when you are ready to audition for companies)

-do they have a junior company or is there opportunities to work with a company that is linked with the school

-do they only train in ballet or also include other syles like contemporary

-do they have accomodation facilities or does the city have good public transport

-what size classes

-what are the teachers like

any sort of information is appreciated :)

gcwhitewater

Bramptsa-Welcome to Ballet talk! Spend some time researching your questions in the "pre-professional schools general discussion" area or here: http://dancers.invisionzone.com/index.php?showforum=147

If you have specific questions regarding a program that have not been addressed, feel free to ask within the established thread for each program. The programs are listed alphabetical so finding the information should be fairly easy.

Enjoy!!!