Ballet Talk for Dancers

Online Videos: Sesame Street and NYCB

I just this on my Facebook page and wanted to share. I understand that it will air on April 4, 2013. I think it is a lovely, fun introduction of ballet for small children to see.

ballet valet

Just watched it and it is very cute!

ascballerina

So...that is the first time I ever saw Sesame Street. Is it always like this? :dizzy:

The Cygnets piece at the end was lovely, though.

I used to love watching Sesame Street with my dd when she was little - she's now 20! They used to have a lovely ballet scene with Dance Theatre of Harlem.

Fun! I love Sesame Street. My son used to get so excited when Angel Corella came on Sesame Street and danced with the letters of the alphabet:

Are these corps members or students at the school?

I just saw this - the dancers are in the studio (but in full costume) doing the pas de quatre from Swan Lake. Beautiful... what wonderful exposure of ballet to young, open minds.

The Angel Corella alphabet dance is amazing, I hadn't seen it before. Here is the DTH ballet.

Thank you for sharing the Angel Corella and DTH clips on Sesame Street, along with the NYCB! I love how SS continues to expose kids to ballet. Preschool is the time when many ballet dreams are first formed.

One of my favorite Sesame Street ballet clips-Suzanne Farrell's Grande Battements

oh my goodness! I remember that one from when I was a girl. :clapping: