Ballet Talk for Dancers
GTLS Designs

New Paragraph

GTLS Designs

I just tried to reply to a post, and it wont separate the paragraphs. I've hit Enter/Return over and over, and nothing. I've tried typing in other websites and it works... and it works in Microsoft Word... but not here.

diane

How interesting!

I am trying it, and it seems to work, or is this not what you meant?

I wonder if it could be a "browser" thing?

(as most things seem to be related to a browser in some form or other)

-d-

Ah! Now when I publish it, I see that the indentation of the next paragraph disappears.

Very odd.

Edited by diane

MelissaGA

I've been having the same issue in the last week or so. Hitting enter does not result in a new paragraph.

Victoria Leigh

I just tested it by making a post in Young Dancers, and it seems to be working fine. A couple of days ago, though, I had trouble with just typing, like the keyboard was not working, except, it was working for other things like email and IM's. It just would not function properly here on the board. Later that day it went right back to normal. I have no clue what was wrong!

vrsfanatic

I have just reported it. It is also happening to me. At times I am not able to begin typing without acrobatics of some sort. The computer automatically begins with italics, bold, or crossed through lettering. I recently did an update to Microsoft and everything else on my computer. Has anyone else just done recent updates? I am not running the most recent Windows. I will have to see which one. It is intermittent with me Ms. Leigh. Sometimes, all is fine, other days, reading is all I can do.

Victoria Leigh

I thought I was having a keyboard problem, even tried changing the batteries, but that wasn't it. The batteries that were in it were fine. I have a feeling it had to do with the browser that day, as it has not happened again.

Do me a favor, those of you who could not do paragraphs. Go back and edit your post, or make a new one and post it and then edit it to make the paragraphs and see if that works. I edited a vrsfanatic post a few minutes ago to create the paragraphs where she had written New Paragraph. It worked. But, also I am not having a problem today with making paragraphs.

This is a strange dilemma!

MelissaGA

I was not able to add paragraphs when I edited my post. Oddly enough, I do think I was able to do so when I first noticed this happening, but not today.

GTLS Designs

I just tried... NOPE, no paragraphs (and tried right now).

Victoria Leigh

Okay, before I send in a ticket to Invisionzone on this, I need to know what browsers you are using, and if you have tried opening the board on a different browser and had the same result or different. The more I can tell them about the problem, the easier it will be to find out what is wrong.

Thank you!

GTLS Designs

Windows 7 with all the latest updates. Internet Explorer 10.0.9200.16521. I have deleted all other browsers due to problems with Microsoft Outlook. Enter/Return seems to work everywhere except here.

Victoria Leigh

Really weird. Thanks, GTLS.

MelissaGA

Same here. Windows 7, IE 10. I also don't have other browsers installed any more for various reasons. This is also the only board I visit that has this issue.

Victoria Leigh

Okay, I will send in a ticket on it tomorrow.

Victoria Leigh

Melissa and GTLS, one more question. Did you recently upgrade to IE10, or get a new computer with that already installed? It seems likely that this is a compatibility issue with IE10 and our software. Not sure.

GTLS Designs

I've had IE10 for a while... and this computer is old. 2 weeks ago I got a new cell phone, a Samsung Galaxy 3, and I've had a lot of issues syncing it with my Outlook & iTunes. So my computer has been through multiple updates, un-installs, and reformats. So everything should be fresh and new (which could be the issue?).