Ballet Talk for Dancers
Novaverse

Adult Classes in St. Louis

Novaverse

I have not danced in about a year and a half, and I'm feeling the lack. I'm trying to find a place to take classes-- serious classes-- but I'm not from the area and I keep running into classes that are... not so serious. Anyone have suggestions?

Thanks in advance!!!

silvergreydancer

Ok, assuming you are in your late teen's early 20's, have you checked out the ballet school attached to the Saint Louis Ballet co.? They offer adult ballet and regular classes. I would guess that you still could do some of their regular classes. Best to talk to the school director for placement. there are five + ballet schools listed in a quick search "Ballet schools /Saint Louis.) I guess the best thing for you to do is start eliminating them until you find a place that suits you. Good luck in your search.

Andy32

I know this is an old post, but hopefully you found a studio that suits you. I am also in St. Louis and have tried almost every school at one time or another, mostly due to schedule availability. I currently take class at St. Louis Ballet, which is very good. Many adult classes in the area seem to be one hour or one hour and fifteen minutes, but their class is 90 minutes which is great. I'm interested in where you ended up - I'll send you a PM as soon as I get those privileges as a newer member.