Ballet Talk for Dancers

rejected from point park

alissarina

I was rejected from Point Park University from their Ballet concentration. I know a few people who have gotten acceptances, but are not at the same level that I am. It really bothers me. There were 70 or so in my audition and it was one of my top choices. I was also rejected from SUNY Purchase and I just feel like there is no hope for me. Is there a future for me in ballet? Should I keep auditioning?

• Administrators

Hello alissarena, and welcome to Ballet Talk for Dancers. :)

I'm afraid that we cannot answer that question without knowing a whole lot more about you, and about your training. However, not being accepted at one or two programs does not mean that you have no future. There could be a whole lot of reasons for the rejections, and we don't have a crystal ball here. Give us some details of your training in ballet, SI experiences, performance roles, etc. Anything you can think of to help us know you a bit better. Have you been in a major pre-pro school for a number of years?

I have been dancing with a pre-professional ballet studio/company for many years. The studio has produced professional dancers with the Joffrey Ballet, PA Ballet and many others. I have gone to Joffrey's NYC SI, received a scholarship to the Burklyn Ballet SI and a dance scholarship to a small liberal arts college as well as a scholarship to UArts. I have been a soloist in a christmas performance for about 6 years.

Edited by alissarina
  • Administrators

Okay, that is all good. It sounds like you have some options, and the fact that you have received scholarships should be very encouraging!