Ballet Talk for Dancers

Cojocaru & Kobborg leaving Royal Ballet

Oh no! This is definitely a surprise! I wonder where they will go???

Perhaps Tamara Rojo has persuaded them to join English National Ballet. Or it may be a totally different company, after all they are famous worldwide.

Wow! This is big news! There have been so many changes in the ballet world lately. It will be very interesting to see what these talented dancers do next.

Nooo! I saw them at the O2 doing Romeo and Juliet-simply marvelous! I can't believe they are leaving. So many other dancers are leaving! Leanne Benjamin retired, Tamara Rojo left, Sergei Polin disappeared... I hope Carlos Acosta stays, as well as the "British staples" like Lauren Cuthbertson and Edward Watson for many more years!

However, this does make a bit of room for both promotions within the company as well as the possibility of hiring a few more from RBS. Other side of the coin!

True Clara. RB has hired a record 5 students from the school this year. (At last count) In the previous several years, RB hired an average of 1-2 students each year. It will be interesting to see promotions this year.

Oh wow that is a shock! Cojocaru and Kobborg are two dancers I always immediately thought of when I heard "Royal Ballet"...