Ballet Talk for Dancers

Going back en pointe, adult class OK?

Ice-Dancer

I am returning to pointe this summer after some time off. I had done pointe for several years before having to stop, but I am wanting to start out slow. RIght now I am in an advanced technique class, but I think the advanced pointe class would be a bit fast for me. I had to stop pointe due to a surgery I had, and so I know things are going to feel very different, especially on that specific foot. I take an adult class here and then when I can because I like the slow pace of the class so I can focus on my basic technique (I am 19, so I am old enough to take the adult class.) My question is, would taking an adult class en pointe be a good way to redevelop pointe technique?

Thanks!

• Administrators

Is there any way you can take an Int. technique class that has a pointe class after or during? If not, I would say take the Adv. but just don't plan on doing everything. A pointe class is better than taking a technique class on pointe, especially when just returning to pointe. There should be some barre work in even an adv.pointe class. Just don't try to do consecutive one foot relev├ęs! :)