Ballet Talk for Dancers

Going to be on the big stage...

Well I've managed to myself into a dance show which is happening at the "big" theatre in the city this Saturday. Being an absolute beginner (I did a little ballet last year, but with one thing and another things got in the way), but this term I've been along every week, and the show is really quite exciting. My part is very basic - although I do get a few jumps and a spin - and then mostly just stand looking "pretty" ;) as the ladies do their (brilliant) stuff.

Not only that but I also managed to end up being in the opening and closing contemporary dance pieces - including the very start of the show with me and a little girl doing a "fun" piece together.

Given that until about 18 months ago I'd never danced before I still find myself in a bit of a daze and wonder what I missed all those years (not to say what friends and family think!) Lol :)

My daughter (she's 8) is in the contemporary dance pieces too so we're having a daddy-daughter thing, while mum is going to be watching in the audience. :)

Thanks guys.

It's been three hour rehearsals every night this week (and will be all afternoon Saturday) - which is a bit more than I'm used to! Doing fine, but can certainly feel the burn! :)

Congratulations! I accidentally got into a show this week too lol!

Oh, congrats! That sounds like it will be a lot of fun, and wonderful that you get to dance in the same pieces as your daughter!

Woke up this morning at 5.30am dreaming of the dance!

Same for me first show coming up, rehearsals starting next week, 3 nights a week and Sunday afternoons, not sure yet of what I will be doing, find out next Monday night

Well the show went fantastic. All three dances were great, both my daughter and I had a wonderful time, and I think we were both grinning from ear to ear! There may be photos later...

Photos! I can't wait to see. I have no photos from my performance, only a strained or pulled hamstring on my left side. Haha! It must have been the adrenaline of being on stage with Battery Dance Company. I had a blast dancing with the young students from our local hip hop schools - and I got my 4 counts of fame with a big glissade saut de chat across the stage. It was fun despite the injury.