Ballet Talk for Dancers
Dancergirlmelody

Is it appropriate to ask why?

Dancergirlmelody

I'm a dance major in college and recently we had our auditions for the two different performances we're having this semester. I was casted in one thing I'm very happy about and one I'm somewhat confused about. I was not casted in one I thought was perfect for me. I'm really interested to know the reasoning behind these casting decisions because they go against my usual style. I'm not expecting them to change anything, but I do just want to hear why. Is that an appropriate question to ask in a college dance program? It's a Christian college and all the teachers are very caring and encourage us to come talk to them, which I have taken advantage of several times to find out what I need to be working on and how I can improve, but I've never questioned them before. Is it okay or should I just put it out of my head?

Moderator, I didn't know what forum to put this in, I apologize if it's in the wrong place.

Victoria Leigh

I moved it here to YD 17-22, Dancinggirlmelody. :)

I don't think it would be inappropriate to ask, just as a matter of curiosity. My guess is that you were cast away from your comfort zone for a reason, which would most likely be to challenge you, and to help you improve in other areas.