Ballet Talk for Dancers

Too late to become a professional ballet dancer?

Megan123

Hello, I started ballet 8 months ago and have loved going since i started. i turned fifteen a few months ago, around 5'6, slim, quite strong and flexible, i do 2 classes a week( but not en pointe yet, i am only grade 5) , i also do other dance. I stretch every night and i do exercises to help my strength 2/3 times a week. I'm in my last year of school. I want to be become a professional ballet dancer. Although i know this would be really difficult as i have not been dancing that long and i have not done any ballet grades. My teacher said that she has never had a student that has improved as much as i had although she thinks that i would not be able to get into any ballet college at my level or experience. I'm not sure what i should be doing next? whether i should be trying to audition for ballet schools or dance schools where they do all types of dancing, like contemporary, as i might have more of a chance somewhere like that? I really want to make it as a ballet dancer, and I'm a fighter, i know it's a tough world. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to Ballet Talk for Dancers, Megan123!!!

If this is a goal for you, and if you possess the necessary qualities, then you will need to try to find the BEST possible training now. This will likely mean a residential school which you should begin auditioning for immediately to see what your chances are!

• 4 weeks later...

Go for it! It's not too late, as Clara 76 said, good, solid training is the key! Make sure you get a good foundation then everything will come more easily