Ballet Talk for Dancers
daisychain

Missing messages

daisychain

Hi moderators!

Yesterday I posted two messages in the thread called "what age to start my son in ballet" but they are not there now. I don't know if they have been removed for some reason, or if something went wrong with my computer when I tried to post so that I need to try again. I do have dancing sons, if there was some question about me posting in that forum. I've posted in the parents of boys forum before.

I tried to use the "contact us" button but can't seem to make it work with my email address.

Victoria Leigh

Daisychain, your profile does not show that you are the parent of male dancers, therefore, it was temporarily removed by a moderator. Please update your profile to show that you have dancing sons! I will reopen your posts.

As far as Contact Us, if you are logged on to the board, you have access to Contact Us. It has nothing to do with your email address. Actually, anyone, even non-members, can write to Contact Us. I get all of them, so I know! :o

daisychain

Thanks! I'll updated my profile.

Maybe it is a problem with my computer, but when I click the contact us button and try to send a message, it opens a "Windows Live" box that asks me for an appropriate email address and password. It would not accept my actual email, and I didn't want to go through what seemed like a convoluted process to create a "Windows Live" email address that I don't really want. My husband couldn't figure it out, either.

Victoria Leigh

I'm sorry about that problem, daisychain, but I really don't know why that would happen. I get a lot of mail every day from Contact Us. But, if you need to reach me you can always send a PM. :)

ascballerina

If you don't have an e-mail platform (such as Outlook, Incredimail, etc) on your computer, and you send e-mails by opening your e-mail in your web browser, this sometimes happens, because the only way to open an e-mail link that way is for your computer to open a program. (as far as I know; it's been my experience on most computers. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.) The Contact Us e-mail address is contactbtford[at]aol.com. (replace [at] with @; I just didn't want to make it a proper e-mail thingy in case any roaming bots found it)

daisychain

Thank you, Ms. Leigh and ascballerina! I'm guessing it would work, then, if I just opened my regular email and typed in the BT4D contact us address. I'll keep that in mind for any future needs. I didn't even think about doing that!