Ballet Talk for Dancers

Age-appropriate guidelines?

pasdedeuxmama

pasdedeuxmama

You know that lovely sticky in the other parent forums? I would love to see a male-oriented (is, no pointe and with boy's/men's class). Anyone up to that?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pasdedeuxmama

• Thyme

• gcwhitewater

• chel

sorry I must be a bit slow- what do you mean pasdedeuxmama??

pasdedeuxmama

http://dancers.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=54927#entry527819

Something like this, but with a boy's class, conditioning, partnering, etc, figured in for male students.

Does that make sense?

• Administrators
Victoria Leigh

Yes, it does, pasdedeuxmama, and it's a very good idea. I will ask our wonderful male faculty to address this, and work on a schedule we can post as a pinned topic for the young male dancers! :)

pasdedeuxmama

Thank you so much!

• Administrators
Victoria Leigh

We will do it, but I will need to ask your patience right now, as I believe that Hans and gcwhitewater are both in the mania of the season at the moment! :)

pasdedeuxmama

Absolutely!

HuckleberryDawg

So I should quit hitting refresh over and over and over? :-) (Kidding.)

Thanks so much! In my head I have always tried to swap out men's class for pointe/ pre-pointe but then my son seems behind because girls get pointe more and more often as they mature while DS only gets segregated classes once a week.

• 1 month later...

I am bumping this back up because it is a great idea and I don't want to see it lose momentum. :3dnod:

I would REALLY appreciate some info on this as well. We feel we may be at a transition stage at our home studio right now due to lack of specific boy/men's training but because I don't have any kind of "expert" knowledge on the subject I don't even know how to approach the subject and we do not have any other pre-pro studios in our area with respected programs.

We believe we are at the point that we may need to consider a short term move for me with my son until he is old enough for a residential program. But I could really use some expert advice as to the number of hours my 12 year old son should be dancing and how many of those hours should be male specific before I even try to speak to our AD if you understand what I am saying.