Ballet Talk for Dancers

The hazards of online shopping

LaFilleSylphide

You guys... I just realized that I bought a leotard from elevé dancewear and had it shipped to my brother's house in the States. Just got an email with the payment notification now. At least it's the right size. I'm kind of excited for when I may get it... whenever that might be, but what was I thinking? Bright yellow trim? I never do yellow, but the idea sounds kind of cute.

I got the Christian with a light blue base/bodice, light blue & white chevron bust, yellow trim, and white mesh back (because that back shown in the picture with solid fabric is so dang ugly). It takes long enough for them to actually make the leotard, let's see how long it takes to get to America and then to South East Asia. HA!

They are worth the wait! My daughter and the other dancers in her company have several Eleve leos and they all love them. They fit great and are very well made. Hope you like yours!

I certainly hope so too! Especially since I would normally chose darker color schemes like reds, burgundies, and black or grey... or pastel. Bright blue and yellow are quite adventurous for me!

I am looking forward to hearing about this leotard almost as much as you are looking forward to receiving it, La Fille! It sounds wonderful.

I hadn't heard of this company so I just spent half an hour drooling on my keyboard! They are lovely leotards!!! :)

The options are a bit overwhelming, aren't they Miss Persistent?

These leotards are my crack. Get one and you'll want a ton more...I love them and get so many compliments. They are unique items and very comfortable!

I hope they're not as thin as the Yumiko nylon leotards. I tend to pay extra for the microfiber Yumikos because I find the nylon (especially lighter colors) to be a little less than opaque to say the least.

The options are a bit overwhelming, aren't they Miss Persistent?

Yes! I will have to win the lottery so I can buy every combination :)

The solid fabrics tend to be slightly thicker than some of the patterened fabrics. With the liner it should be fine. They include the bust liner at no additional charge.

I have never owned a Yumiko so I cannot compare.