Ballet Talk for Dancers

Starting Ballet Again

shakingandsmiling

:(

I guess.... I didn't know where to put this and I don't really know what to say, but I just want some advice.

I quit ballet sometime in... November? It was at the start of Nutcracker rehearsals, so some time around then. Before that though I was just feeling bored and tired of dancing. I thought about quitting, not because it was hard, just because I lost interest. Either I stayed in ballet or I quit, because I couldn't just "take time off." So, I decided to quit and now I'm really missing it. At first I was like, "oh, this is just with-draw." Now I truly miss it and don't know what to do.

Without ballet, my life is kind of boring. I did stuff besides ballet, but ballet was my favorite hobby (I don't want to say hobby, because it's more serious than that) or thing that I was involved in. I was stupid to quit. Now, I don't feel as motivated, I'm just not very happy, etc....

It gets complicated, because I was in my studio's performing company. So, I had a contract with them and now that is probably "void."

It seems like it would be very difficult to join again.......... I don't know... Any advice?

:mellow:

• Administrators

You have only been out a month or so, maybe two by the time classes start again. So I don't think it would be that hard to go back. Talk to your teacher or Artistic Director.

It's great that you want to do it again! Try asking your mom or the Artistic Director if you could join

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

Chloper, please read our rules and policies for this board. Young Dancers do not tell others what to do. You may share your experiences, but you do not advise.