Ballet Talk for Dancers

Full time ballet schools.

Guest Rainy

Guest Rainy

Earlier this year I was offered a place at The Arts Educational School, Tring in England. I didn't get an aided place and therefore can't go because of the cost. My parents probably won't let me audition again until I'm 16. Will I still be able to become a professional dancer if I don't go until I'm 16?

I'm 13 now.

• Administrators

We can't answer that, Rainy, as we don't know your potential to become a professional dancer. (We really can't know that with anyone that we don't see!) However, if you are receiving very good training now, and continue to improve, perhaps you could audition again and get into the professional school, with aid, the next time you audition. Why would your parents make you wait three years to try again?

• Administrators

Rainy, if you go to Special Groups, and then the Ballet Moms and Dads forum, you will find a new topic there entitled "How to reply to the teen boards". One of the parents from England has posted some information for you there, since she is not allowed to post on the Teen forum :o I closed the topic, since it is not open for discussion, but just information intended for you, but you can still read it.