Ballet Talk for Dancers

ABT NY or Bolshoi SI

rjb

My son is 12 years old and was accepted into the ABT NY program and also the Bolshoi 6weeks after having gone to Bolshoi last summer for the 3 week program was asked to return for the 6 week program with some assistance.

not sure which program would be the best investment

Is housing available for the Bolshoi program? I believe for ABT NY they give you some suggestions for housing but you are really on your own. For that reason ABT NY isn't a program we even consider. If housing isn't an issue for you than I don't really have any advice as my son hasn't attended either. But if your son received some financial assistance for the Bolshoi that is always nice!!

Welcome to Ballet Talk for Dancers, rjb!

Actually, it's so hard to compare programs, because what is wonderful for one dancer may be awful for another. When looking at dancers aged 12, programs are looking for potential, and are not looking at hiring the children into their company just yet. :wink:

Now, if he were 17 or 18, and a company-affiliated school offered him a good scholarship, then that might be a factor.