Ballet Talk for Dancers
AndrewUK

Make up

AndrewUK

Now having to attempt (yes it is attempting) my own make up now GF off on her contract ,she did for for me in the first performance back in last Oct, well most of it ! and from last nights "attempt" again, wondering if there are any tips I could try, need practice for sure, if ever do anymore performances where it needs to be done

Reece

Get a good book on stage makeup. If you're going to be doing this a lot you might want to take an introductory stage makeup class at a local college.

Kini

Not sure it this will help or not but when I explained to my wife's Avon rep that I need help finding and buying makeup suitable for stage she not only helped me find what I needed but taught me how to apply it.

AndrewUK

Thanks, just arranged some "instruction", see how that's goes, if ever need in future

silvergreydancer

Keep it light! To tell if it's enough makeup squint at yourself in the mirror. If it still show, it's enough. Sort of depends on the size of the house too. Less for a small theatre, more for a larger one. Most dancers I know don't do anywhere near the make up that actors do on stage. Dancer seem to concentrate on the eyes with a bit of blush on the cheek bones. It takes a little practice. Good luck!