Ballet Talk for Dancers
ViolaDancer

Ballet Dictionary

ViolaDancer

I need a refresher in some of my terms and clarification in others. Is there a resource that would best help me do this? I do not have a preference in formatting, just something that I can refer to in order to match terminology with what I am doing in class.

ascballerina

Most people like Gail Grant's Technical Manual and Dictionary of Classical Ballet. It's the one I see most often recommended here. I myself own a copy...I used to just read it when I was younger to see how much I knew. :rolleyes:

ViolaDancer

Thank you

I just found the book on the iBooks store with two different prices. They look like they are the same. Any idea why one would be $3.99 (copyright Apr 2012, 144 pages) and the other $7.99 (copyright 2009. 156 pages)?

Edited by ViolaDancer

Clara 76

Well, ViolaDancer, we always like it if you go through Amazon since Ballet Talk for Dancers gets a tiny slice of the income!!

My Gail Grant is the 2nd version and it is 127 pages long. Beyond that it contains the catalogue of other books from Dover publishers.

ViolaDancer

I did not know Ballet Talk was connected to Amazon. Good to know. Thanks.

ArcadianDancer

I was not aware of that either. I will make sure my students get the book through Amazon as I require them to have it.

Victoria Leigh

Thank you! The link that connects us is at the bottom left of all the pages. :)

ViolaDancer

I saw it before but didn't realize the connection. I might need to use that search bar.