Ballet Talk for Dancers
pasdedeuxmama

Shoes for boys

redvelvetcake

Thanks Min and MumtoSamtheDancer, I will ask.  I would much prefer not to have to buy a different pair of shoes for a 1 week intensive!  The information I was sent said boys in level 1 and level 2 had to wear leather shoes.  The older boys in level 3 were allowed canvas shoes.  

wintergarden

WearMoi makes beautiful white leather split sole shoes with pre-sewn elastics. Ordering them takes a while, and sizing can be a bit tricky. My son wears a 39...they run a bit small, as his normal shoe size is a 36. 

redvelvetcake

More questions about shoes...

Someone recently commented that DS (11) shoes seemed a bit wide for his feet and that a more narrow shoe would create a better line etc.  As someone who is completely ignorant about these matters what should I be looking for in a shoe when he tries it on.  It now seems like I haven't been giving the look of the shoe enough consideration, as DS  has to attend various auditions this year perhaps I should start?

Edited by redvelvetcake