Ballet Talk for Dancers
Sign in to follow this  
Jacepauly

Best Shoes

Jacepauly

What are the best shoes for pre professional dancers? I have been dancing in sansha pros and they are ok but I don't feel the floor as well as I should according to my teacher. Any suggestions?

GTLS Designs

Sansha Pro ballet shoes are used by students & professionals alike. There is nothing about them that make them more/less of a proper ballet shoe.... I've actually worn Sansha Pro 1's since 1994 (through training, dancing professionally, and now teaching). That said, many people find the seams under the toes to be annoying, so they wear other brands.

Is it possible that your teacher wants you to articulate your foot more? Thus "using" the floor? I like to call it "painting the floor your favorite color with the bottom of your foot" which helps dancers articulate through the bottom of the foot, rolling through the demi pointe, and extending all the way through the toes.

Rubber Legs

I have tried a few differents brands of ballet shoes.I prefer "Freed" leather ballet shoes.

Paul.

MJ

i prefer Bloch Canvas