Ballet Talk for Dancers

Royal ballet school in Antwerp

Hello Everyone

I have been offered a place at the royal ballet school of Antwerp.

I was wondering if anyone has any information/ past experiences of this school?

Feel free to share :)

Thanks

Congratulations BackyB123!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is certainly an honor to have won a spot at this school. I do not know if we have anyone here with past experience of Royal Ballet of Antwerp School, but there are several videos on Youtube if you want to take a peek!

Merde!

I didn't go the the school, but I've taken class from one of the teachers, in the studios of the school, and several of my friends are graduates, so if I can be of any help, let me know!

thank you for you replies, Marjolein i was wondering if you know how tough the classes are and if they push the students hard? as that is the type of training i am looking for :) thanks

All I can say about that, is the teacher I take class from, pushes us hard in the evening classes, so I can only imagine what he must be like in the school's classes.

A very large number of the graduates end up dancing for a company, so you know you'll be well trained. The 2010 gold medal winner of YAGP (Edo Wijnen) was trained at this school ;-)

They follow the Vaganova syllabus. I don't know what you consider a tough class, but I think the students are pushed quite a bit. A good friend of mine graduated (quite a while ago) from the school, and did his classical teaching internship (1 month) there last year. During that period he often told me how hard the students worked/had to work.

So if you have any more questions, I'd be happy to pass them on!