Ballet Talk for Dancers
BW

Finding a Pre-Pro Ballet School in New York - New York City

bunmom

I am currently enrolled in this school and love it. Highly suggest!!

Victoria Leigh

Bunmom, I don't understand.....you answered your own question. Were you meaning that your DD is enrolled, and did your DD post on your account?

Sarabande

(deleted)

spetedancer

I'm not sure if this is the right thread to be posting this is, but I was wondering if anyone had any insight on private teachers in NYC. I know a few dancers who take weekly or daily privates with people such as Fabric Herrault, but it's hard to find any information on this topic. Any information would be appreciated!

MelissaGA

There are so very many teachers who teach private lessons in NYC on a regular basis. I think it is hard to jump into a private lesson without having an idea of what the teacher is like or what the student is like. It seems to me that these connections begin through classes at SIs, open classes and normal ballet school classes. Is there something specific you are looking for? A specific style of dance? Coaching? 

And Fabrice Herrault seems to be the only I can think of off-hand who works this way with daily private/semi-privates. 

stefanie
On 4/28/2016 at 11:19 PM, vaganovagirl2000 said:

I was wondering if there are any current students on this forum who go to SLK. Could you give me some insight as to the level of training, the teachers, etc? Thank you so much! :happy:

If you are still looking PM me

dancemaven

Please, can we not share for everyone interested?  Otherwise it head threads are rather pointless. :thumbs up:

Redbookish
On 24/04/2017 at 10:07 PM, MelissaGA said:

And Fabrice Herrault seems to be the only I can think of off-hand who works this way with daily private/semi-privates. 

Kat Wildish coaches every Sunday, I think. Her website has details. My experience (as an adult student) is that she is an extraordinary teacher, who has a very physical, but anatomically knowledgeable & safe, way of really pushing her students.

Toitoi43

Erin Forrest, former teacher at Ellison and Kirov, will be starting her own academy this fall.  It is the Forrest Academy of Ballet.  Not sure exactly which part of the city it will be in, but should be very interesting!

learningdance

Erin Forrest is a strong teacher.  DD took class from her in the summer at Ellison 2014.  She is Vaganova.

Toitoi43

learningdance:  Yes, she is!

MelissaGA

Reading about Erin Forrest's plans reminds me of another small NYC school to add to the list- Premiere Division run by Nadege Hottier. 

Gracegirlz
Eva Janiszewski, who had recently started Eva Janiszewski Ballet, is joining up with Erin Forrest and just announced she will be on staff there. She was trained by Gelsey Kirkland. She was offering personalized training and privates.

anyaaaa

I am very interested in Valentina Kozlova Dance Conservatory of New York and Forrest Academy of Ballet New York!  If anyone had experience at either of these schools let me know!

Edited by Victoria Leigh
Proper use of Upper Case for proper names.

DanceMumNYC

Hi anyaaaa, it seems as if you've been trying a great deal to find the right school. I highly recommend making a list of schools of interests and calling each one for info. If possible, visit each school and see if you can even do a trial class or take a private lesson (I know Forrest Academy offers privates). It will help you in your search. All the best!