Ballet Talk for Dancers

A puzzle

dansair

Could you solve this puzzle for me, please:

Capezio Cobra 12M == Sansha Pro 1C 14M == Bloch Pump Men 8D == Grishko Performance Men XXX

Cobra= built on women's last, so men must go up from US street shoe. Dancer probably wears men's 10 or 10.5 US

Sansha Pro 1 C 14 M = men's US size 10.5 or 11

Bloch pump (are we sure that isn't a 9D?) 8D = US men's size 10-10.5

Grishko Performance= 43 E

Miss Persistent

I feel this calls for a "Ta-dah!" on the end Clara :)

How lucky we are to have your knowledge on this board! Now, if only you could do the same for women's clothing so I don't have to try things on in future ;)

Thanks Clara 76,

Bloch Pump is 8D - stickers on the plastic pouch and on both shoes say so (S0277M 8D). The stickers could be wrong though: according to Bloch fitting guide,
Bloch Mens 8 equals to US men's size 8.5. The size is way off, compared to other brands.

Yes, they are incorrect. Men usually size down 1 size from US street shoe size in canvas slippers.

Yes, they are incorrect. Men usually size down 1 size from US street shoe size in canvas slippers.

Hmmm so what to parents of boys do. I wear a boys size 5 1/2 D (US) street shoe, best fit I've ever found for canvas is Sansha Pro Black 8W. (For me that going up almost 3 sizes :wink: ) . Always found it amusing that my height and shoe size are the same.

And that was after spending a lot of time trying on shoes, so tempted to create a chart of shoe sizes and and the corresponding flat sizes for various manufacturers.

Hmmm so what to parents of boys do. I wear a boys size 5 1/2 D (US) street shoe, best fit I've ever found for canvas is Sansha Pro Black 8W[/size]. (For me that going up almost 3 sizes :wink: ) . Always found it amusing that my height and shoe size are the same.

Sansha recommends to select slippers 4-5 sizes up from street shoe size. Works about right in my case.

Yep! I was referring to Bloch so277M canvas sizing 1 size down from US street shoe. In Sansha, you have to go up!