Ballet Talk for Dancers

Is it too late for the 2014-2015 year?

We need to explore pre professional options immediately. DD is auditioning for one option on Saturday (closest and best), but in case she is not accepted, we need to consider all avenues.

Is it too late to audition and get accepted to pre pro residential training programs for the 2014-2015 school year?

Something we must consider: DD is 17 and in her senior year. We'd like a program that she could continue after she turns 18. Any ideas?

I fear it's too late for this year, but it's worth asking. I don't want to close doors without due diligence.

I just re-read your post about continuing after she turns 18....so I know that Ellison and Gelsey Kirkland both have programs that extend beyond graduation from high school.

Time to take her to the HB audition.

Your backup plan is to investigate schools that your dd is considering, find out if they take video auditions, then make a video and send it off!

Of course, there is always CPYB which is non-audition.

The only way you are going to know if it is too late is to ask the programs. Only they will know if they still have spots.

My crystal ball broke a while ago. :dry:

Only the programs know whether they are full. None of us can know that unless we are in the Admissions department.

Think about any school---kids move, don't return, etc. it is the same situation. Some years, the grade level/class membership is stable, other times there are subtractions and additions. Sometimes kids enroll at the last minute, or transfer at the last minute, sometimes the spots are filled way ahead of opening day.

Slow down, breathe, read/research on BT4D, read the website(s) thoroughly, check the internet, think about what you really need to ask, think about what you really need to know, think about what comes first and what comes later. BREATHE, THINK. Stop panicking. There is no need for it and it is not getting you anywhere. :thumbsup:

I know that the School of PA Ballet has an upcoming audition. The training there is excellent, and there are definite trainee possibilities after next year. They do not have an established residency program, but I know that several students did move there for training last year. If you call you can find out more about how what those students did.