Ballet Talk for Dancers
NanC

Articles: Wonderful photo gallery of ballet in 20th Century

NanC

There is a terrific photo gallery of ballet on Huffington Post: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/31/ballet-photos_n_6077576.html

It is so interesting to see how differently the feet and bodies were through the decades not to mention the costuming and makeup. I find it to be a real online treat. I enjoyed the photo of the little girl watching and imitating her aunt from off stage. I'm sure most of us remember our dancers when they first became enthralled imitators of ballet and this captures it perfectly.

Victoria Leigh

This is wonderful, NanC! Thank you for posting it. We were about to do that, and I just saw that it was already up. :D

Marjolein

Gorgeous photos!

However, Darcey Bussell was born in 1969. Her photo must be at least 1990 instead of 1970!

dancemaven

Fact-checking is not a Huffington Post strong suit . . . . .

Blanche

I noticed the date snafu, too. DD and I scrolled through the photos "together" (with many states between us) while discussing them over the phone; what fun to trace bits of history in pictures!

Momof3darlings

bump

KitriFan

That's a really interesting article, I loved seeing the evolution over the decades, and especially the type of shoes worn by the dancers/the way the pointe shoes looked.

squirrel

Thank you, how fascinating!