Ballet Talk for Dancers
EnchantedSteps

Melissa Hayden

EnchantedSteps

Hello!

I have been OBSESSED with Melissa Hayden ever since I discovered ballet, and her contributions to the ballet world have always inspired me. However, I have read her biography on several websites, and I can never find a concrete answer as to when her ballet training began.

I know she started "late" (by industry standards), but some sources say she began her training at 12/13, and others say as late as 14/15 (*she went on pointe at 17, then started her career in 20's...??) . Does anyone know a solid, concrete answer to this question? I know it's not all that important, but it's been bugging me for the past few days.

Thank you! :happy:

***(Also, has anyone read her book "Dancer to Dancer"? I'm considering purchasing it)***

EnchantedSteps

was this post skipped?

Victoria Leigh

I don't know why or what happened to it, EnchantedSteps, but yes, it seems to have been missed. I don't have an answer for you, but I just wanted to let you know that this topic did not show up for me until tonight. I think this is the second time that has happened to you, isn't it? I'm really sorry, but I'm sure that someone will come up with the answer. :)

Clara 76

She started studying aged 12. It is in her obituary on the NY Times website. Sorry your post was skipped, EnchantedSteps. I blame it on Nutcracker!!!!! :)

EnchantedSteps

Thank you both very much!! Hahaha - it's fine. :grinning::grinning::grinning: