Ballet Talk for Dancers
pttarn

ballet slipper

pttarn

can anyone recommend a good ballet slipper that smooths over the toe joints and helps with pointing? I have a high arch, but toes that need help pointing (second one longer, of course). It's alot to ask for in one shoe, but I read a recommendation before, but can't seem to find it now.

ami1436

? I'm a bit confused with this question -- slippers are very minimal shoes - they don't help your pointed footy, the shape of which comes from a stretched ankle and elongated toes.

I have to agree with what ami1436 has said, it isn't the type of slipper that you wear which gives your foot a pointed appearance.

Having said that, if your slipper is too loose then you might need to tighten the elastics and drawstring so that the material sits snuggly (but not too tightly) against your arch. This shall help give the appearance you might be after.

This isn't a be all and end all fix however, and certainly isn't a substitute to good foot exercises.

As for a slipper recommendation, I personally wear Bloch Pumps (split sole).

Edited by Guest

pttarn

Thanks so much for the responses...and sorry to be so unclear! I found the recommendation I was looking for and copied and pasted here:

"Personally, I like the Grishko Model 6. It gives the foot a very smooth look (flattens/rounds out the bumps from the knuckles of the toes), and has a bit of elastic in the middle that shows off the arch and really hugs the foot. Very flattering IMO."

I am going to give them a try!! My current canvas Blochs are too small so perhaps just going up a size or half a size would solve the bumpy toe look...but the toe pad was throwing me off balance as well. I changed over to my canvas shoes, and that's how I came to asking about the pointed toes...I think they are just too big and as such, unflattering...good idea to tighten the strings, which I hadn't done.

Strength and flexibility exercises are also a part of my regimen for sure; once that improves perhaps shoes will seem less important, but for now I feel like I need to absolutely love them.

a.sparkly.gem

Thanks so much for the responses...and sorry to be so unclear! I found the recommendation I was looking for and copied and pasted here:

"Personally, I like the Grishko Model 6. It gives the foot a very smooth look (flattens/rounds out the bumps from the knuckles of the toes), and has a bit of elastic in the middle that shows off the arch and really hugs the foot. Very flattering IMO."

I am going to give them a try!! My current canvas Blochs are too small so perhaps just going up a size or half a size would solve the bumpy toe look...but the toe pad was throwing me off balance as well. I changed over to my canvas shoes, and that's how I came to asking about the pointed toes...I think they are just too big and as such, unflattering...good idea to tighten the strings, which I hadn't done.

Strength and flexibility exercises are also a part of my regimen for sure; once that improves perhaps shoes will seem less important, but for now I feel like I need to absolutely love them.

Interesting...

I have Sansha split sole which are ok, but the lining fell out lol. I am in love with the cheapest Bloch full sole leather. They are cheap lol. They don't give the nicest shape, but I will say that compared to my classmates, my foot arch, pointing and strength has progressed much more quickly. I think it was the resistance. So, I have the more conforming canvas for shows and the full leather full sole for class. Works for me though I would like the fit to be smoother : )