Ballet Talk for Dancers

How Many Weeks?

momtoemandel

momtoemandel

What age is your DS and how many weeks are they spending at a summer intensive this summer? Mine is barely 14, and to me 5 weeks seems like such a long time.

One of mine went at 10 for 2 weeks and the next year at 11 for 6 weeks. It's varied depending on the program. Another of mine went for 3 weeks at 12. That was harder because he was our first going away and it was just him with out his brother.

My ds did 2 weeks away at 13 plus two additional weeks in the UK but not residential; 4 weeks at 14; 5 weeks this summer at 15. There wasn't an intentional formula. It was mostly just convenience and program limitations. But, we felt he was not ready at 12 to handle 5 weeks alone, so we combined a business trip with a three week program and he stayed with us.

GTLS Designs

It is important at BT4D that we keep our forums & threads well organized so that our membership can do searches for relative information in an efficient manner. There is already plenty of information about SI week length on this thread, http://dancers.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=19006&page=16, which I feel is more informative than a thread purely based on week length. Thus, I will close this current thread.

Thanks for understanding.