Ballet Talk for Dancers
Sign in to follow this  
milkytea

Finding a YumiGirl

milkytea

I'm interested in ordering a Yumiko leotard, but think ordering through a YumiGirl to get the discount/etc. sounds like it would be nice to try.

When I look up the YumiGirls on the Yumiko website, it gives only their name and the school/establishment they are affiliated with.

I'm not sure what is the best way to go about getting in contact with one of these representatives, especially considering that they could be as young as 16 and I am an adult.

Has anyone else gotten in contact with a YumiGirl that they didn't already know from class/etc.? What did you do?

I'm afraid of seeming like I am dangerous or sketchy by asking around--especially when all I have is that person's name.

Should I just give up the hope for a discount and order directly from the company?

MelissaGA

Technically, YumiGirls and YumiGuys are only supposed to sell to dancers at their school and/or company. It is a 15% discount and free shipping. They have to submit orders of 10 items or more at a time. Dd has been a YumiGirl for 2+ years and only puts in orders a few times a year (generally about once a quarter). She has sold to adults in the past, especially through the open/adult ballet classes at her school.

kr12

We got in contact with the Yumigirl at our school through the receptionist. We asked if we could leave her a message to contact us for an order. They are usually happy to take orders.

milkytea

Thanks for the information, MelissaGA! I thought it was something like that as far as who they are supposed to take orders from. I am taking classes at several schools in my city, most of which have associated YumiGirls, so I'm hoping to get in contact with one of them.

I'll give asking the receptionists a try, KR12. :) Hopefully they can point me in the right direction.

dancemaven

Posters, please note which Forum you are reading. This is the "Adult Ballet Student Buddy Board". If you are not an Adult dance student, it is not appropropiate for you to post here. It is a restricted Forum .

This is not "Cross Talk". :wink: