Ballet Talk for Dancers
backstagemom

Post High School Training Late Summer Auditions???

Toitoi43

jlevine- Would you be comfortable with sharing the school that says 5'8" is too tall for their studio company? If not online, would you PM me? Thanks. Moderators, in general, how would one get this information out there without revealing too much information about oneself? It seems it would be helpful information for future DKs. Thanks!

mom2

Usually notices for company auditions have minimum and maximum heights, if these are important. Therefore it might be helpful to look for previous notices for companies the dancer is interested in.

Coco

If you live in the San Francisco Bay Area, SFB is holding auditions for students11-18, who already live in the Bay Area or who already are planning to move to the Bay Area. The announcement is posted on their FaceBook Page, July 26.

Blanche

If you have not already contacted Texas Ballet Theatre, that might be another option. They are expanding their Professional Division Program for the upcoming year, and students from that division may also be asked to participate in company performances.

dani_t

Kirov is also expanding its Pre-Professional (post high school) division -- in addition to the ballet training and other dance classes there are also artistic-focused academic courses in things like stage management and choreography, and this year they've partnered with a local university as well so students can earn college credit. That might be another option for your DD if you're on the east coast.

jlevine

jlevine- Would you be comfortable with sharing the school that says 5'8" is too tall for their studio company? If not online, would you PM me? Thanks. Moderators, in general, how would one get this information out there without revealing too much information about oneself? It seems it would be helpful information for future DKs. Thanks!

Sorry I could not figure out how to PM you.

jlevine

Thanks for the advise I will have my daughter call those schools.

Victoria Leigh

Jlevine, when you have been here at least two weeks, and have 30 posts, your New Member status will automatically change to Member. At that time you will have Private Messaging privileges.