Ballet Talk for Dancers

Ballet is so expensive

pirouettegirl123

Hello! I am 13 years old, I dance six days per week and I have been dancing for 8 years. My goal is to become a professional ballet dancer. I recently found out that it can cost over $100,000 to become a professional dancer. What are some ways to save a lot of money on costumes, pointe shoes, leotards and tights, SI's, and getting enough training?

• Administrators

Pirouettegirl123, you are only 13 years old, so I think that this is not critical for you to think about at this time. However, keep in mind that the topic says "can" cost over that amount of money. It does not state that it has to cost that much, or even does cost that much for everyone. Not all dancers go to expensive residence schools, and not all enter YAGP or other competitions. Ballet tuition costs vary a great deal depending on where you live. Read the whole thread and you will learn more, but even better, read the thread about all the ways one can save money during the training years. :)