Ballet Talk for Dancers

ABT Jackie Onassis School

dedancer -

The brochure describes the JKO School in detail, including the curriculum, faculty, divisions, schedule, tuition, scholarships, etc. It ends with information about the Open Audition coming up in April in NYC. You can also find all the audition details on the ABT website.

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mirabray

• dcportrait

• dluna

• DanceMumNYC

DD pre-gister for summer programs by mail, never went to summer programs, but we received two brochures in the mail. I am sure they compile a mailing list from the summer programs auditions but may have miss some of the applications. I done mailing list for my dd ballet school, fund raising, list get compile many different ways, some people get miss, and like me some get two mailing.

Okay, folks, can we get this thread back on track? I think we've exhausted the value of trying to determine how ABT-JKO created their mailing list. Let's go back to sharing and discussing information about the program itself. Thanks. :innocent:

for those who attend or have dk's there, could you please tell us the percentage of JKO students who're from the east coast ,as opposed to those who must relocate to attend if they're invited? are NY-are dancers considered in a different light, as they live in, or can commute to, manhattan?

We live in SE Penn., so our DD moved into an apartment in the city to attend. This is her 2nd year there, & she will turn 19 in July -

I'm 14 now, attended Abt Austin last summer and was accepted to NY this year. I also got a brochure. I am going to the YAGP NYC finals this year and they are there to watch to give away scholarships and acceptances. The day I arrive in NY they are holding the audition...should I attend since I am already getting looked at? :lol:

Go! the teachers who see you in each may be different, so you'll have an even better chance. YAGP is so huge and even if its the same teacher seeing you more than once, you have twice the chance to impress them! Have a great time in the Big Apple!

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have any experience auditioning for JKO by taking class with the school?

• 2 weeks later...

Allegrodancer- yes, I took class with the school to audition. It was good, I'm just afraid that I may be disregarded because it was over 3 weeks ago that I did it, and the open audition was just yesterday.

DD went to Monday's audition and mentioned there were 32 females and 2 males who attended. Paperwork states letters will be sent out his Friday! :P

DD went to Monday's audition and mentioned there were 32 females and 2 males who attended. Paperwork states letters will be sent out his Friday! :P

Was this the total for both age groups?

• 2 weeks later...