Ballet Talk for Dancers

Auditions: IABD Ballet Audition in Denver?

Sugarmama

DD14 is so excited for this weekend in Denver http://www.iabdassociation.org/ballet-audition for the International Association of Blacks in Dance. So far I think there are 15 companies attending!

Multiple audition fees and travel costs to auditioning cities (with hotels and parking costs) are a huge consideration for us, so we are quite interested to see how this combined audition goes. I think it is a great model to increase diversity in American companies.

What an awesome program. Good luck to it and to your DD.

Yes. We are hoping to fly out from the East Coast before the big snow storm hits. Fingers crossed!

Thank you BalletFamily! And safe travels Julisha! DD is meeting friends in Denver (I'm not going). I wish I was!

This is such an amazing opportunity , I just hope it will continue to be available once my DD becomes of age. Please report with details and thoughts, would love to hear them all . Good Luck to all attending , may all your years of hard work + dreams finally meet and success is your reward. Fingers crossed for each of you.

Merde to all attending this audition! Let us know how it goes.

My DD's flight was cancelled leaving out of DC. We scrambled for 2 days trying to find another way out to Denver but we just couldn't make it work. :nixweiss: Very disappointed with Mother Nature.

Momof3darlings

Yes, merde'! Let us know how things go.

Trishup, sorry to hear that your daughter's flight was cancelled. I don't know your daughters age, but this has been billed as the 1st annual Ballet Audition for women of color, so maybe next year she will be able to attend if not already hired. I know that doesn't help much for now, but maybe one thing think about.

Does anyone have insight to how auditions like this work, meaning are dancers approached at the end by interested ADs, notified by email, does everyone get a response from every company with a yes or no, or only if they are interested in a dancer?

I'm also curious how it works. The audition notice and registration information didn't give specifics. We will find out tomorrow....

IABD just sent an email out to registered dancers with the following information:

Due to the east coast winter storm we realize that a few of you are not able to attend. We look to hold another audition sometime in the future and will keep you abreast of any further development around the date and city. Should you run into any challenges, please contact Omar Ingram, o.a.ingram@gmail.com or (404) 514-1137.

• Momof3darlings changed the title to Auditions: IABD Ballet Audition in Denver?

Archived