Ballet Talk for Dancers

How to increase stamina for ballet

Ballerina7373

I've noticed that after Christmas break my stamina seems to be worse. At an end of quarter meeting AD told me that I was doing very well, but that she thinks that I should work on increasing my stamina. I take 7 technique classes and usually 4 pointe classes per week, so I don't think my lack of stamina is from not doing enough ballet. I was wondering what other ways outside of dance could I work on increasing my stamina? I also do Pilates once a week, but that's more strengthening than stamina building. I can't run (I run turned out and that cause knee problems according to my PT), and I guess I could swim laps, but I just don't really have extra time in the week to go to my pool. Does anyone have any tips to increase stamina at home? Thanks!

• Administrators

Hannah, this is a medical question, so I will just suggest a nutritionist and close the topic. We are not qualified to answer. It could depend a lot on your build and your growth, and in many dancers strength takes longer. But, it could also be a nutrition issue, and there is no way for us to know that.